01 March 2014

Review: L'Oréal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation

Hi everyone!

Sorry that I haven't posted for a while now, I have just started my final year of school and have been very busy. Today I'm back with a review of the L'Oréal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation!



After seeing Lauren Curtis rave about this foundation for a while now, I was tempted to buy it my self and see what all the fuss is about. I have been doing my research and made the decision that this was the best quality drugstore foundation for the cheapest price.

I have heard that this foundation is a dupe for many high end foundations including; Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, MAC Studio Fix Fluid and Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation. This is promising!




 The description from the L'Oréal Paris Australia website,

In 11 true-to-skin shades across warm, cool and neutral tones, True Match super-blendable liquid foundation perfectly matches the colour and texture of your skin, hiding imperfections with its fine, creamy texture. The result: Flawless coverage

The silky texture of True Match blends seamlessly with the skin. It automatically adjusts to the texture of the skin to create a flawless finish. Oil-free and non-comedogenic.


Now onto the review!

Firstly, the colour range of this foundation is perfect as there are eleven shades in total. There are three categories based on your skins undertone; warm (W), neutral (N) and cool (C). Then in each category there are different numbers depending on how light or dark your skin tone is, 1 (lightest shade) and 6 (darkest shade). As my skin has a warm, yellow undertone and I am very pale, I chose the shade W1 (Golden Ivory).


The finish of this foundation is of a high quality and is leaning more towards the matte side, however it still allows your natural shine peak through. I would say that this foundation is of a medium coverage but as this foundation is not 'cakey' you could definitely add an extra layer to make it full coverage. When applying the foundation it goes on very thin. Also, when set with a setting powder this foundation could last up to ten hours on the face.

I purchased my foundation from Priceline, an Australian drugstore and I bought it when it was on sale at, $24.95. However the RRP for this foundation in Australia is $29.95.

I love the packaging, it has a glass pump bottle and a lid so it is sanitary. The pump also allows you to dispense as much or as little product that you would like. The bottle holds 30ml of product.

To apply this foundation I dispense two pumps onto a plastic lid. I use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to
apply . I start by stippling the foundation onto my face and then buffing it into my skin. If I am going to be wearing the foundation for a long time I like to firstly apply an oil-free primer then after application set with a powder.



Now to the Cons of this foundation:

  • Higher price range for a drugstore foundation
  • Accentuates dry areas and enlarged pores
  • Very runny
  •  No shades for very, very pale (porcelain) skin or very very dark skin.
Overall I will continue to repurchase this foundation and will continue to recommend it! 

9/10 L'Oreal!




No comments:

Post a Comment