13 March 2014

About My Hair + Review: Natures Organics - Organic Care Shampoo & Conditioner


Hi all,

I recently got asked the question on my instagram,

"What is the best shampoo and conditioner"?
So, today I am going to talk to you about my hair and what shampoo and conditioner I have used in the past, what I am currently using and what I personally like in a shampoo.

About My Hair:
My hair is dark brown, straight and medium-long in length, with a slight wave, thick and dense, quite oily but healthy.


I have tried many, many shampoos and conditioners throughout my 18 years of life. I've, tried Sunsilk, Palmolive, Pantene, Garnier, Head and Shoulders, Schwarzkopf and Herbal Essences (just to name a few). Before using my current shampoo and conditioner I used the Pantene Aqualight shampoo and conditioner. As I have oily hair the name and advertisements for this shampoo drew my attention. This shampoo did make my hair feel 'auqualight' as it stripped all the oils out of my hair. However, our hair needs these natural oils to keep it healthy and nourished. 

So, after much research and educating myself on the health of our hair, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to move away from using products like these that have harsh chemicals. These chemical shampoos weren't doing any visible damage/benefit to my hair, but changing my shampoo and conditioner would allow my hair to become even healthier then it was before! As my interest in healthy eating grew so did my interest in chemical free/natural products.

When looking for my new shampoo and conditioner, I wanted one that was cost effective, organic, natural and with as little chemicals as possible. When going into my supermarket I found Natures Organics Organic Care Normal Balance Shampoo and Conditioner. Unbelievably this was the cheapest shampoo and conditioner there at $3.71 for a 400ml bottle (or 93 cents per 100ml), BARGAIN!


Luckily the Organic Care brand have a range of certain shampoos and conditioners to choose from for different types of hair.

Normal Hair: Normal Balance Shampoo and Conditioner (what I use)
Dry Hair: Dry Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner (moisturizing shampoo)
Coloured/Dyed Hair: Colour Shield Shampoo and Conditioner
Heat Damaged Hair (from styling appliances): Heat Protect Shampoo and Conditioner 
Dandruff: Scalp Care Anti-Dandruff Conditioning Shampoo

Packaging: The packaging of these products is made from a naturally derived material, corn, opposed to crude oil which significantly reduces CO2 emissions. As well as being environmentally friendly, the products are also made locally in Australia!


Accessibility: These shampoos and conditioners are only available in Australia, mainly from Coles and Woolworths and independent stores.

Ingredients: The ingredients are sourced from plants and free from harsh chemicals.


Shampoo


Conditioner 

I would definitely recommend checking out these amazing shampoos and conditioners! I hope this has answered your question. Thank-you.




No comments:

Post a Comment